How do I count thee? Let me count the ways?

Does state life expectancy correlate with political party voting?

Overview       Do people in red states live shorter lives?       This project examines whether state level life expectancy is st...

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

8 Crayola Crayons

Many of my friends know I am color-challenged. Not colorblind; I see some colors, just not as many as most people see. I don't recall always being this way. In my earliest elementary school years I had a box of 8 Crayola crayons, and I did just fine. My problems began when Crayola started adding more and more colors including combinations like green yellow and yellow green. With nothing better to do, I just wrote a little program in R, and here are the original eight colors, which I still identify just fine. There is no meaning to the heights of the bars.

title <- c("Original 8 Crayola Crayons")
subtitle <- c("According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Crayola_crayons")
temp <- c(5,7,6,4,8,5,2,5) # meaningless
colors <- c("red", "yellow", "blue", "green", "orange", "brown", "violet", "black")
hex <- c("#FF0000", "#FFFF00", "#0000FF", "#008001", "#FF6600", "#964B00", "#6A0DAD", "#000000")
barplot(temp, col=hex, main=title, sub=subtitle, names.arg=colors)

No comments:

Post a Comment