How do I count thee? Let me count the ways?

How easily can you be identified on the Internet?

How easily can you be identified on the Internet? Suppose you finish your meal at a restaurant, you are about to pay the check, and t...

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

MOOCs

OK, we've all heard about MOOCs: Massive Open Online Courses. Very few of them are for college credit at the moment. But for those of us reading this blog - we probably don't need three more credits.



So let's enroll in one of these MOOCs, for the fun of it. I chose Stanford University's EDUC115N: How to Learn Math, which starts July 15, 2013.

I'm expecting an exceptional teacher, from a university I could never get into, zero one-to-one interaction with this teacher, an enormous number of fellow students, but a group of fellow students who will try to answer each other's questions. And I'm expecting to learn something I probably wouldn't learn somewhere else.

Why not join me, and see what a MOOC is like?

No comments:

Post a Comment